Yesterday, I posted a pic on my Instagram and Facebook of a blueberry muffin I made from scratch at home. I was craving blueberry muffin for awhile, but didn’t want to eat something with 6738642 calories, so I looked up some recipes online and found this great one from www.redefinedmom.com.
Besides being super quick to make, this recipe allows you to use anything you wish instead of blueberry. My next attempt will be nuts + chocolate muffin. What’s your favorite type of muffin? Do you have any easy/healthy recipe? If you do, please share with me. 🙂
Here is the recipe I followed:
Healthy Blueberry Muffins Recipe
“This Healthy Blueberry Muffins Recipe is a breeze to make because it only takes 8-ingredients and most of them you already have on hand. Whip them up in under 20 minutes for a great afternoon snack or compliment to dinner.
Recipe Yields: 6 muffins
1 cup All-Purpose Flour (you can also substitute whole wheat flour)
1/2 cup Sugar
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg (room temp)
1/2 cup milk or half-half (room temp)
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup blueberries (or you favorite fruit, nut, or chocolate)
1. Take out eggs, measure milk and let sit on counter to become room temp.
If you try to put melted butter with cold milk or eggs, the butter will harden to small pieces and make for an uneven mixture. In order for a uniform muffin, make sure to let milk and eggs get to room temp.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper cups or use cooking spray.
3. Melt butter in microwave in glass container. Set aside and let cool slightly.
4. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl with whisk.
5. Combine eggs, milk, butter and vanilla in a medium bowl with same whisk.
6. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients with whisk.
7. If using berries, do not mix them into the batter. Instead, fill each muffin cup 1/3 of the way with batter (I love using these cookie scoops) and then place 5 – 8 berries on top of batter. Fill muffin cup up to top with remaining batter.
These muffins will bake “up” so there is no need to leave room at the top of the muffin cup.
3. Bake for 15 minutes or until sides are golden brown.”
Pretty easy, right? Xx